Travel Makeup Essentials


Hey there,

I'm continuing on with my travel themed posts today by doing my Travel Makeup Essentials. This is what I took on holiday recently but obviously it may differ slightly depending on the type of holiday you're going on. On my holiday, we were going out at night time pretty often so you will notice that for base products I have both a lighter and darker shade, where as for some other holidays you might not need both.

So let's go :) 


As nice as this case is, it wouldn't be very practical to carry a case of makeup on holiday. The bag I used was this blue flowery Primark bag. I have had this bag a long time and it is great. It can hold a lot, like I mean a lot. I think when I bought it this bag was £4 which is an absolute bargain considering the use I have gotten out of it.



Moving on to the actual makeup products. For foundation, I took my L'Oréal Infallible and Bourjois 123 Perfect foundations. Despite being someone who does not tan, the Bourjois foundation adds a hint of colour to your skin, leaving a healthy glow. For both of these products, I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply and blend.


Next, I brought my two trusty conealers, MUA Cover & Conceal and Collection Lasting Perfection. The MUA concealer works perfectly alongside my L'Oréal Infallible foundation but the Collection concealer is a better match for my Bourjois foundation, so I brought both! To apply concealer I just use the wands to apply it to the areas and I blend it in with my finger.


I am a big fan of the Rimmel Stay Matte powders and so I brought along two, Transparent and Warm Beige. Transparent is good for daytime makeup but I found that Warm Beige added to my colour for photos at night time. I found that wearing Warm Beige alongside my day time foundation worked nicely for going out at night. To apply powder I use the Real Techniques Powder Brush. I love this brush as it is very big and can hold a lot of product.


For Bronzer, I brought along the Freedom Pro Artist Contour Refill, which I keep in the Pro Artist Magnetic Palette. I only got this bronzer recently but I like it a lot and it definitely adds some colour to your skin. For bronzer, I use the B. Blusher and Contour Brush. This angled brush is great for defining your cheekbones.


Any holiday makeup is not complete without highlighter of course! I brought along my MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter. This highlight has a bronze hint to it and it blends super well while still leaving your cheekbones highlighted. I use the Real Techniques Bold Metals 300 Tapered Blush brush to apply this highlighter. Even though this isn't a highlighter brush, I like how the brush puts just the right amount of product on, with very little fall out.


Of course I had to take my Revolution Brow Palette with me. I have raved about this product before, for me it will always be one of the best brow palettes available. To fill in my eyebrows I use the Real Techniques Brow Brush and the P.S. Pro Double End Angled Eyebrow Brush to brush through and get rid of any excess product. 


To save carrying a lot of eyeshadows from various palettes that I probably wasn't going to use, I settled on bringing the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette as it has great shades for every occasion. As well as the brush belonging to the palette I also use the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush, Base Shadow Brush and Domed Shadow Brush.


I don't wear eyeliner very often as to be honest, it is very annoying. If you make one mistake you have to redo the whole eye and for me it's just not worth it. However, for holiday, I decided to make an effort to wear it and so I brought my NYX Vinyl Liquid Liner. For mascara I brought my Rimmel Volume Colourist.


I'm the type of person who always has too many lipsticks. When I actually went on holiday, I brought a lot more lipsticks than shown in the picture below, but as I didn't use half of them and this is an Essentials post I decided not to include the others. The first liquid lipstick I brought along was the MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in the shade Tranquility. I also brought along the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in the shade Embellishment. As well as liquid lipsticks, I brought along two of the P.S. Pro Lipstick Crayons, in the shades Hustle and Nude Beach.


Lastly, if you're going to a warm country it is important that your makeup isn't sweated off within the first half hour of you putting it on. I recently purchased the Revolution Pro Fix Fixing Spray and I used it for the first time of holiday and I have to say, it is really great!


That's it for my Travel Makeup Essentials, Thank you for reading this post and I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know what your essential holiday makeup products are :)

Sinéad x
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Love the little case! I totally need to try the Pro Fix Spray :)

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes you should, it's only £5 in Superdrug too!! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.