Casual Makeup Look/Makeup Product Review

April 16, 2017
Hey there,

For my first proper blog post, I'm going to do a Casual Makeup Look and also a review of the products that I use. This is a very easy look to do and is perfect for daytime outings and those days you want to add a little little shimmer to your everyday makeup. Every product (apart from one) can be found in high street drugstores, all at a very reasonable price.


So lets go :)



First of all I used the Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in the shade No. 51. I recently picked up this foundation as my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation had ran out and I wanted to try something new. When choosing this foundation in the store, I found that the tester was an incredibly good match with my skin colour. However, now having used the product a few times, I find that when applying it, it makes my skin look very orange if applied with a makeup brush. I also find that it takes quite a lot of product to cover my face and neck. However, it does last for most of the day, although maybe not 16 hours as stated on the bottle.
Rating: 5/10




Next, I used the MUA Cover and Conceal concealer in the shade Fair to conceal any spots or dark patches on my skin. I have recently started to like MUA products as they are an affordable alternative to many higher end products. However, with that being said, I find that it takes a lot of concealer to cover an area and a lot of product gets wiped off in blending.
Rating: 4/10



After this I set my foundation with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade Warm Beige. I love this powder and have been using it for many years. I find that it is incredibly good for setting foundation and evening out any patches of skin that may not have been covered by foundation.
Rating: 9/10




For the next part of this look, I used the MUA Bronze and Sculpt Contour Kit in the shade Light/Medium. For this look, I mainly used the highlighter from this kit. I really like this highlight and find that you do not need to use a lot of product for a long lasting finish
Rating: 7/10



Next, I moved onto brows. I picked up this Revolution Ultra Brow Palette in the shade Medium to Dark recently and I have been loving it ever since. This palette includes 4 eyebrow powders, 2 tinted eyebrow waxes, brow enhancing cream and highlighter, a brow pencil, 2 applicators and tweezers, all for under £10!!! For this look, I used the top left brow powder as seen in the picture, as well as the enhancing cream and highlight. This product is very long lasting and does not need a lot of product to have brows looking completely filled in.
Rating: 10/10




After this, I moved on to eyeshadow. As this is a daytime look, I did a light eyeshadow. First I used the white base shadow shown at the bottom of the picture above. I am not sure of the make of this eyeshadow, but it is very good for providing a subtle base. Next I used the Urban Decay, Alice Through The Looking Glass eyeshadow palette. I received this palette as a birthday present last year and I strongly recommend it. It offers a wide range of pigmented colours, including both daytime and nighttime colours. For this look, I first used the shade Duchess to cover the outer part of my eye and then I applied the shade Salazan Grum to the outer corner of my eye and then I blended them together.
Rating: 9/10


To finish my eyes, I used the Rimmel Volume Colourist mascara in the shade 003 Extreme Black. I would highly recommend this mascara as it is easily adaptable to whatever makeup look your are doing and makes your lashes look long and spread out, with no clumps.
Rating: 9/10


Lastly for this look, I used the Collection, Deluxe Lipstick in the shade Charleston 03. I picked this lipstick up a while back as a replacement for another lipstick that had ran out. This lipstick is perfect for adding colour to your makeup if you have kept everything else quite subtle as it is a deep pink shade. I would recommend it as it would suit many different makeup styles and it is a long lasting product.
Rating: 8/10


This is the makeup look once completed. As you can see, it is a very simple drugstore look and does not require much time to do, leaving it very easy to do for an everyday look and at a very affordable price.

Thank you for reading, hope you find the reviews helpful :)

Sinéad x
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.